61 popular tongue twisters to improve pronunciation
Learn 61 useful and hardest tongue twisters to pronounce in English with picture demonstration.
A tongue twister is an excellent way for practicing and improving your pronunciation. It is not just for children, but it is also used for professionals who want to be understood easily when speaking. Here are 61 popular English tongue twisters. Say them as fast as you can. When you master them, you will become a much confident speaker.
- Busy buzzing bumble bees.
- He threw three free throws.
- Four fine fresh fish for you.
- A gentle judge judges justly.
- Francis fries fresh fish fillets.
- Do drop in at the Dewdrop Inn.
- Larry sent the latter a letter later.
- Double bubble gum, bubbles double.
- A lump of red lead, A red lead lump.
- The quack quit asking quick questions.
- Nine nice night nurses nursing nicely.
- We surely shall see the sun shine soon.
- Clean clams crammed in clean cans.
- Wayne went to wales to watch walruses.
- A big black bear sat on a big black rug.
- Six sleek swans swam swiftly southwards.
- I saw a kitten eating chicken in the kitchen.
- A fine field of wheat, A field of fine wheat.
- Fred fed Ted bread, and Ted fed Fred bread.
- I miss my Swiss Miss. My Swiss Miss misses me.
- How can a clam cram in a clean cream can?
- Can you can a can as a canner can can a can?
- I thought I thought of thinking of thanking you.
- I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream.
- Send toast to ten tense stout saints’ ten tall tents.
- Can an active actor always actually act accurately?
- Andrea and Andrew ate eight acid apples accidentally.
- I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!
- A big black bug bit a big black dog on his big black nose!
- The owner of the Inside Inn was outside his Inside Inn.
- Unique New York. Unique New York. Unique New York.
- If I assist a sister-assistant, will the sister’s sister-assistant assist me?
- A big bug bit a bold bald bear and the bold bald bear bled blood badly.
- If two witches watched two watches, which witch would watch which watch?
- Please prepare the paired pared pears near the unprepared pears near the pool.
- Imagine an imaginary menagerie manager managing an imaginary menagerie.
- The thirty-three thieves thought that they thrilled the throne throughout Thursday.
- She stood on the balcony, inexplicably mimicking him hiccuping, and amicably welcoming him in.
- How many slim slimy snakes would slither silently to the sea if slim slimy snakes could slither silently?
- I have got a date at a quarter to eight; I’ll see you at the gate, so don’t be late.
- If you notice this notice, you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing.
- Susie works in a shoeshine shop. Where she shines she sits, and where she sits she shines.
- Who bit the bold bald bear on the shoulder on the boulder and made the bold bald bear on the boulder bawl?
- Kiss her quick! Kiss her quicker! Kiss her quickest!
- I wish to wish the wish you wish to wish, but if you wish the wish the witch wishes, I won’t wish the wish you wish to wish.
- Irish Wristwatch, Swiss Wristwatch.
I wish to wash my Irish wristwatch.
Which wristwatches are Swiss wristwatches?
- Pass the big black blank bank book back. If you won’t pass the big black blank bank book back, then pass the small brown blank bank book back.
- A big black bat flew past. A big brown bat flew past. Did the big black bat fly past faster than the big brown bat flew past?
- How many cookies could a good cook cook if a good cook could cook cookies? A good cook could cook as much cookies as a good cook who could cook cookies.
- How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
He would chuck, he would, as much as he could, and chuck as much wood.
As a woodchuck would if a woodchuck could chuck wood.
- When a doctor gets sick and another doctor doctors him, does the doctor doing the doctoring have to doctor the doctor the way the doctor being doctored wants to be doctored, or does the doctor doing the doctoring of the doctor doctor the doctor as he wants to do the doctoring?
- She sells sea-shells on the sea-shore.
The shells she sells are sea-shells, I’m sure.
For if she sells sea-shells on the sea-shore,
then I’m sure she sells sea-shore shells.
- Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.
A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked.
If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,
where’s the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?
- Harry Hunt hunts heavy hairy hares. Does Harry Hunt hunt heavy hairy hares? If Harry Hunt hunts heavy hairy hares, Where are the heavy hairy hares Harry Hunt hunts?
- I went into my garden to slay snails. I saw my little sister slaying snails. I said, “Hello, my little sister, are you slaying snails? If you slay snails, please slay small snails.”
- How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? He would chuck the wood as much as he could if a woodchuck could chuck wood.
- To sit in solemn silence in a dull, dark dock, In a pestilential prison, with a life-long lock, Awaiting the sensation of a short, sharp shock, From a cheap and chippy chopper on a big black block!
- How many cans can a cannibal nibble if a cannibal can nibble cans? As many cans as a cannibal can nibble if a cannibal can nibble cans.
- Betty Botter bought some butter,
but she said the butter’s bitter.
If I put it in my batter, it will make my batter bitter,
but a bit of better butter will make my batter better.
So ‘twas better Betty Botter bought a bit of better butter.
- Bill had a billboard. Bill also had a board bill. The board bill bored Bill, so Bill sold his billboard and paid his board bill. Then the board bill no longer bored Bill, but though he had no board bill, Neither did he have his billboard
- I need not your needles. They’re needless to me for the needing of needles is needless. You see. But does my neat trousers need to be kneed? Then I should have need of your needles indeed.